WELCOME TO SOUTH WALTON
- Vintij. in Miramar Beach (near the outlets). Don't be deterred by the location, it is literally the best food I've ever eaten. Bring your wallet, leave the kids.
- The Bay (right off 331) is nice food and comfortable atmosphere located right on the bay.
- Nice: Red Bar (Grayton. It is in repair at this time however), Louie Louie (Santa Rosa Beach), and Mary's Kitchen (Destin) all have the same owners. The food is great, the atmosphere is good for singles, couples as well as children.
- Pompano Joe's (Destin) is on the beach and has great food, fun and open to the beach.
- VKI (Santa Rosa Beach) is where I love to go for sushi and hibachi
- The Crap Trap in Destin and Ft Walton are located right on public access beach so you can make a day of it. They are kid friendly.
- Fudpuckers is loud & fun for the kids with playgrounds & pretty good food (not bad, but not the best).
- Lulu's on the bay (Destin, behind the Common's) is my children's favorite resturant. They have games, movies, etc on the sand for the kids all in site of the tables.
- Starting East and moving West there is Pier Park in Panama City Beach, then Rosemary Beach, Seaside, Baytowne, Silver Sands Outlets, Destin Commons, and Harborwalk. And of course you must visit my favorite store Retail Therapy (Santa Rosa Beach and Miramar Beach).
- If you're trying to avoid crazy traffic I recommend staying east of Henderson Beach State Park in Destin.
- Please fill up all the holes you dig. Turtles get caught in the holes when coming up to lay their eggs.
- Before getting in the water check the health advisory update, especially for babies and anyone who is especially susceptible to sickness. I have links to the websites below.
- No fires are allowed on the beaches without a permit. There are bonfire services around here you can hire!
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach without a permit.
- When they say no swimming in a double red flag, they mean it. They will warn you once, fine you the second time, cart you off to jail the third.
- The locals will get upset if you feed the birds. They have had bird poop on their head long enough to know it's not worth it
- Don't know what to do with your new beach gear when it's time to go home? Check out Treasure in Paradise in Grayton Beach
- Place your valuables in a (preferably clean) diaper to lay on the beach. I guarantee no one is going to suspect your wallet is in a wadded up diaper.
- Yes, you can burn on a cloudy day. (If you choose a fake tan I highly recommend St Tropez. It's crazy good! I'll include the purchasing link for you below!)
HELPFUL LOCAL LINKS
- South Walton Beach Information: https://www.visitsouthwalton.com/beach-safety/
- Water Health Advisory Update: http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/beach-water-quality/county-detail.html?County=Walton&Zip=32433
- Flag Conditions: https://30a.com/beachflag/
- Kid Entertainment: https://www.emeraldcoastkids.org/